- Is it necessary to visit the studio to have a photo-sculpture made?
- Yes, the portrayed person must be scanned at ThreeDee-You's studio
- Is a photo enough to make a photo-sculpture?
- No, it is not possible to reach the level of photographic realism ThreeDee-You reaches from photographs, as on a photo there is no information on depth and there is no 360º view.
- Is it possible to do a surprise gift?
- Yes, it is. Please read the page "gift".
- What material are photo-sculptures made of?
- ThreeDee-You's photo-sculptures are made of a high tech material that gives a touch similar to "biscuit", or porcelain without the glass finishing.
- What care does a photo-sculpture need?
- Care your photo-sculptures the same way you would care photographs. Keep them away from direct sun light and from liquids. Use a dry soft brush to remove dust.
- Do photo-sculptures break if they fall?
- Normally smaller parts break, feet, for example. Usually very clean cuts are generated, so they are very easy to repair just with glue and with a very good result. ThreeDee-You keeps the original files, that allows you to order new copies whenever you need them.
- Is the result faithful to reality?
- Yes. The basic condition to get a good result is that the portrayed person does not move during the 2.5 seconds of the scanning. Hair, as it has always been in sculpture, is an interpretation, as loose fibres and the space in between cannot automatically be converted into a solid. Colours are very close to the real ones, as they must be treated to eliminate shadows.
- Is the portrait only of the face?
- No ThreeDee-You's photo-sculptures portray the whole body.
- Do you choose the body models faces are applied to?
- No, the whole image represents the reality of the portrayed person, body, clothes, gesture, expression.
- Are the clothes on the photo-sculpture the same you were wearing?
- Yes. ThreeDee-You offers you the possiblility of changing at the camerino, in case you want be portrayed with clothes you do not want to wear on the street.
- Any recommendations about what to wear?
- You can choose what you like, but ThreeDee-You recommends not to wear black and/or glossy fabrics and objects.
- Can you choose your posture?
- Yes, but you must feel comfortable with it: the scanning takes 2.5 seconds, moving during that time can have an effect on the shape of the sculpture. Please consult in the studio if it is possible to materialize the pose you imagined.
- Do you do couples or groups?
- Couples and groups are re-created once we put the photo-sculptures together. In order to keep quality on a high level, our works are always individual, and that from the same moment of scanning. We only make figures with more than just one person when we portray small children (or pets) on the arms of an adult to avoid them moving during the take.
- For how long do you have to stay still?
- Takes are a little longer than in photography, just as they were at the beginnings of photography and we are at the beginnings of photo-sculpture. Even so it takes only 2.5 seconds. It is vital to stay still during that time to obtain the best results. ThreeDee-You always gets several images of each person.
- Is it possible to portray small children?
- Yes, but it is convenient to train them on not moving before coming to the studio. The scanning takes 2.5 seconds, and during this time they should not move. A good option is to portray Mum or Dad with the child on his/her arms; the resulting photo-sculptures strongly transmit tenderness.
- Is it possible to portray pets?
- Yes, but only if they are very well trained. The scanning takes 2.5 seconds, and during this time they should not move. A good option is to portray the owner with the animal in his/her arms (if the animal is not too big).
- Is there any negative effect when you are scanned?
- None, we use white light with no negative effects.
- What are the prices of the photo-sculptures?
- Please refer to the page "prices".
- What are the sizes of the photo-sculptures?
- Please refer to the page "prices". There you can also find information on scales and sizes.
- Can I get more than one copy of a particular photo-sculpture?
- Yes, from the second copy the price is 20.00€ lower than the original.
- How long does it take to produce?
- We take approximately two weeks to produce the sculptures. This time can vary during holiday and vacational periods. ThreeDee-You informs you by SMS or E-mail once the sculpture is finished. We can also ship your order to you.
- Do you ship photo-sculptures?
- Yes, ThreeDee-You ships photo-sculptures all over the world. Please consult shipment cost in the studio. Shipment costs are not included in our prices.
- Where can I find a ThreeDee-You studio?
- Please refer to the page "contact".
- What are the opening hours at ThreeDee-You?
- Please refer to the page "contact".
- Is it necessary to arrange an appointment?
- No, it is not necessary. The scanning process is quick, waiting time is minimal.
- Where can I find information on Franchise?
- Please visit our corporate website www.ThreeDee-You.com.
Here you will find answers to practically any doubt you can have about photo-sculpture and ThreeDee-You.
In case what you want to know is not covered on this extensive list please get in touch with us: tel. (+34) 915 218 440 or by mail email@example.com.
C/ Hortaleza, 9 - 3ºd 28004 Madrid Spain Tel.: (+34) 915 218 440 firstname.lastname@example.org
© ThreeDee-You, S.L.U 2013